Paymeon’s Basalt America is pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Sallarulo to its Board of Directors
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Paymeon, Inc. (OTC MARKETS:PAYM) today announced the appointment of Paul Sallarulo to the Company’s board of directors. Mr. Sallarulo’s appointment comes in conjunction with Paymeon’s plan to grow its Basalt America business.
According to Edward A. Cespedes, Chairman and CEO of Paymeon, “We are very excited to have Paul join our team. We believe his extensive business and financial experience, combined with his knowledge of government will be very valuable to us as we set our strategy for growing our Basalt America business."
Mr. Sallarulo’s experience is summarized below and will be described more fully in Form 8k required to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Paul M. Sallarulo
- Mr. Sallarulo served as Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of Nexera Medical Inc. As the Company’s principal government contact, Mr. Sallarulo was responsible for Nexera receiving the first certification in Europe for an antimicrobial mask, in addition to the first certification of a predicate device ”anti bacterial respirator mask” issued by the FDA.
- Mr. Sallarulo had an extensive financial career in capital markets and investment banking in senior positions with Wachovia Securities, Prudential, Raymond James, Meridian Capital Markets and CoreStates Capital Markets.
- Mr. Sallarulo was appointed Commissioner of the North Broward Hospital District by Florida Governor Jeb Bush for two four-year terms and served as Chairman of the Board of Commissioners, and Chairman of the Executive Committee. He oversaw four major hospitals, thirty-eight clinics, six thousand professionals, and a budget in excess of $2 billion. He served as Chairman of the Audit Committee, Legal Review Committee, Joint Conference Committee, Broward Health Foundation, Community Relations Committee for Broward General Hospital, Community Relations Committee for Imperial Point Medical Center, and currently serves on the Liberty Health Foundation Board in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Mr. Sallarulo served on the Board of Directors of Foss Manufacturing, LLC Company, Board of Trustees of Nova Southeastern University, Chairman of the Board of Governors of Nova Southeastern University - Wayne Huizenga School of Business, President of the International Alumni Association of NSU, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine — Advisory Board, and was inducted as the first Honorary member into Sigma Beta Delta Society – International Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration. Mr. Sallarulo also served as a member of the Planning and Zoning Board of Fort Lauderdale, Broward County Personal Advisory Board Fort Lauderdale, the Fort Lauderdale Marine Advisory Board, and the Economic Development Advisory Board.
- Mr. Sallarulo was Co-Founder of Broward Bank of Commerce, and served on the Board of Directors. He is Chairman of the Budget Committee, Strategic Planning Committee and Nominating Committee. He also served on the Marketing Committee, Loan Committee, ALCO Committee, and Compensation Committee. Mr. Sallarulo assisted in the Sale of Broward Financial Holdings, the parent company of Broward Bank of Commerce, to Home BancShares, parent company of Centennial Bank in 2014. Mr. Sallarulo currently serves on the Regional Board of Directors of Centennial Bank and serves on the Loan Committee, and Strategic Planning Committee.
- Mr. Sallarulo is the recipient of several prestigious awards including: Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award — Nova Southeastern University — 1996. He received The Outstanding Young Men of America Award in 1996, the “Hope Award” for 2002 from The Multiple Sclerosis Society, the 2002 “Valor Award” by The American Diabetes Society, the “Humanitarian of The Year Award” by The Caducean Society of Fort Lauderdale in 2002, the 2003 “Leadership Tribute Award” by The Elderly Interest Fund, the 2004 “Irishman of The Year Award” by The Emerald Society, the 2003 Alumnus of the Year award by Nova Southeastern University, the award for “Outstanding Community Service in Raising Funds” in 2005 by the National American Diabetes Association, the 2005 “Leading Men” award by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the 2006 “Tree of Life Award” by the Jewish National Fund, the 2006 “Profiles in Leadership” award by The Leadership Broward Foundation, the Gold Coast Magazine "50 most powerful people in Broward County” in 2002, 2007 and 2009, the Pinion - “Member of the Year 2007,” 2008 “Founders Award” by The Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center, the 2010 “Advocates of Distinction” award by the Center for Independent Living of Broward in Honor of the 20th Anniversary of The Americans with Disabilities Act, the “2011 Community Health Award” by The Hypoglycemia Support Foundation, the 2011 "Community Champion" Award by Deliver The Dream Foundation, selected as The "2011 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser" by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, was inducted into The “2012 Special Olympics Hall of Fame,” and the “2014 Style and Substance” award by the Symphony of the America’s.
- Mr. Sallarulo is Chairman of The Special Olympics of Broward County, and has been an advocate for people with physical and mental challenges for more than 44 years. In 2008, Governor Charlie Crist recognized Paul with the Point of Light Award for Outstanding Volunteerism.
- In addition to his professional responsibilities Mr. Sallarulo has been involved in the Republican Party on a National, State and Local level. He has been Delegate to Republican National Conventions, President of the Broward Young Republican Club, and was selected as one of the “Top 10 Young Republicans in Florida.” He received the “Spirit of Lincoln” Award for his lifelong contributions to the Republican Party.
- Mr. Sallarulo graduated with a B.B.A. degree in Business Administration from Baruch College in New York City and an M.B.A. from Nova Southeastern University with honors in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Investor Relations: 1-844-422-7258, extension 3.
Released April 11, 2017